Counselling, Psychotherapy Fees

Private practitioners are free to set their own rates, based on their education & experience (CRPO); however the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) sets guidelines for fees. (see for reference)

Below are my fees

    • Individual therapy session fee is $100 per 60 minutes+GST (online therapy)
    • Couple therapy session fee is $120 per 60minutes+GST(online therapy)
    • Sliding scale may be available case by case (Mostly in case of longer term therapeutic involvement)
    • Counselling fees are due at the end of each session. Payment may be made by credit, debit, cash or personal check.

Are my fees covered?

Partial or full coverage of counselling services is possible: You need to ask your insurance provider for details. Ask them if they will cover the services of a Registered Psychotherapist (RP-Ontario) or Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC-BCACC), and for the annual coverage ceiling.

Typically, counselling services need to be paid at the time of the session, and the receipt submitted for reimbursement.


I am a Registered Psychotherapist (RP-CRPO) practicing from outside Ontario. 

Please read the information below

Question: I am an RP and I received a request for e-therapy from a person who does not live in Ontario. I am only registered in Ontario. Am I permitted to provide psychotherapy electronically or by phone to someone who does not reside in Ontario? Also, what if I am outside of Ontario and my clients in Ontario would like to continue therapy with me via the telephone or e-therapy, is that ok?

Client is Out-of-Province
With regards to providing psychotherapy to clients outside Ontario, the general rule is that the location of the client is what governs. A Registered Psychotherapist may provide services to clients who reside outside of the province; however, you would need to contact the psychotherapy or counselling regulator in the location (state, province or country) where your client lives to make yourself aware of their regulations, if any. You should also ensure that your professional liability insurance covers you providing telephone or e-therapy to clients outside of province or country.

Client is in Ontario and RP is Out-of-Province
The general rule is that the location of the client governs. If you are an RP with CRPO, you may provide services to clients who reside in Ontario, even if you do not. You should ensure that your professional liability insurance covers you providing tele-therapy to clients outside of province of country. Non-members of CRPO must not use the title “psychotherapist” or hold themselves out as qualified to practice as a psychotherapist in Ontario.

I am also a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC)

Every person who receives the ‘RCC’ counselling designation in British Columbia has met specific educational and training criteria required by the BCACC. What’s more, our RCC members have not only met the academic, clinical competence and professional requirements, they have voluntarily committed themselves to practice according to an ethical code of conduct and standards of practice.

BC’s Registered Clinical Counsellors have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in a variety of areas such as psychology or social work. Many have additional training in their specific area of practice. They have also satisfied the BCACC’s clinical supervision requirements that are criteria of membership.

Every RCC member is accountable for ethical practices under our standards of practice and code of ethics, and every member must have a clean criminal record check. This offers peace of mind for members of the public looking to feel secure when they enter into a professional counselling relationship.

If you want a counselling option that is reasonably affordable, and if you want an option that may be covered by an extended health plan – then choosing a counsellor with the RCC designation is a safe and reassuring decision.